With the NFL's Free Agency signing period due to start soon, I wanted to take a look at the NFC East over the last week and explore some early activity.
The Iggles locked up two of their starting O-Lineman for the next few years signing LT Jason Peters and C Jason Kelce.
- 32 year old Peters agreed to a 5 year deal worth $51.3 million with over $19 million guaranteed
- Philly inked Kelce to a 6 year extension at $37.5 million with $13 million guaranteed.
Earlier the talk was about which WR was the team going to keep – Riley Cooper or Jeremy Maclin.
- Cooper had a career year (also very controversial year) in 2013
- Maclin is coming off a knee injury that kept him out the entire season
But the team decided both were worth keeping around and inked Cooper to a 5 year $25 million dollar deal and Maclin signed a one year deal worth $6 million, with $3.5 guaranteed.
- Resigned DL Chris Baker to a three year contract after resigning DeAngelo Hall back on FEB 19th (Dez is smiling somewhere)
- Are trying to decide if they want to put the franchise tag on OLB Brian Orakpo.
- TE Fred Davis decided that he was going to celebrate his suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy by going out and getting charged with a DWI – Source: Redskins TE Fred Davis Charged With Driving While Intoxicated
Way to go Fred!
New York Giants:
- Decided to add a year to Head Coach Tom Coughlin's deal after all, which will take him through the 2015 season
- Could be in the market for a new WR via Free Agency or the Draft because Hakeem Nicks might hit the open market come March 11th
With more than a week to go before Free Agency begins, three-quarters of the NFC East is already buzzing. Except in Dallas…