Dak Prescott… ever heard of him?
The Cowboys Rookie Quarterback has taken the NFL by storm. He's perfect in every way: on the field, in the community, during press conferences, Dak is the total package.
While we've seen Prescott answer questions in front of the media, we got to see him in a whole new light when he was opening packages of trading cards in an episode of Panini Unwrapped.
Panini is one of the top dogs when it comes to collectibles and trading cards in the sports world. Late in September they released some special edition cards pertaining to Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. This episode (12 minutes totally worth your time) is awesome from start to finish. Dak is far more of himself than what we've seen in his standardized press conferences and interviews. Some highlights include:
- When told he's playing like a seasoned vet, Dak says he has a good team around him that helps him.
- Dak refers to Jason Witten as the Greatest Tight End of All-Time and that Witten's demeanor makes you want to do better on and off the field.
- He shows praise for both Giants Receiver Sterling Shepard and Eagles Quarterback Carson Wentz.
- Dak says he has not had a chance to meet Emmitt Smith personally, but Emmitt Smith is Dak Prescott's favorite Dallas Cowboy of All-Time. He says that if Zeke keeps doing what he's doing, maybe he can be talked about with him.
- Dak says that Cole Beasley can't be covered and that he is a master of the sauce! Dak goes on to say that Cole is one of his better friends throughout the building and that they're always spending time together.
- Dak was asked if anything has surprised him with everything that's happened so far this season and had the quote of the episode:
“I think everything that's happened on Sundays and throughout the season is just a tribute to what we do every day at The Star up there in Frisco and we've got a great chemistry within the team. Everybody I feel like wants to hang out outside of football… on our off days we're getting together and it's a bond we're creating that's just showing on the field on Sundays. We honestly believe the sky is the limit at every position for every guy as long as we keep playing together.”
- When discussing nerves Dak says, “I get nervous at practice more than I do in the game.“
- Dak says the best word to describe this whole experience is “fun.”
- Broncos Quarterback Paxton Lynch was Dak Prescott's roommate at the combine, Dak calls him a funny guy.
- Later in the episode Dak reiterates that Emmitt Smith is his favorite Cowboy of all-time and that he has yet to meet him personally. “I'm waiting for you, Emmitt!” is what he says cheerfully.
- Dak signs his own card at the end of the episode, making it the first hard-signed prism card of his that exists.
Throughout the whole episode Dak is incredibly charming, funny, and incredibly humble. He is a genuinely great person and someone we should all be extremely grateful for.