Cowboys Mock Draft Challenge: Your Chance To Be GM Jerry Jones

2017 Cowboys Mock Draft Challenge: Your Chance To Be GM Jerry Jones

The 2017 NFL draft is now just days away, which means the long-awaited event is finally upon us. With that in mind, I thought it would be a good time to issue a mock draft challenge to all of you and give everyone a chance to try their hand at being GM/Owner Jerry Jones for the Dallas Cowboys.

I did this mock draft challenge back in January, but things have changed since then. We should all have a much better understanding of the Dallas Cowboys team needs and the potential prospects they could be targeting.

Of course, we have to establish some kind of ground rules in order for this to be as close to realistic as possible. So, this is how it's going to work.

Using Fanspeak's mock draft simulator you will select the prospect of your choice for the Cowboys in each round. But, here's the catch. You have to draft the player in the correct slotted area for the Cowboys. For instance, the Cowboys have the 28th overall draft pick in the first round, so you can't draft a player that is ranked lower than that.

I personally agree with Matt Miller's player rankings the most, so I used his big board for this exercise. Below is how my Cowboys draft turned out for this mock draft challenge.

Round 1 (28th overall) - Tyus Bowser, DE, University of Houston

Round 2 (60th overall) - Marcus Williams, S, Utah

Round 3 (92nd overall) - JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC

Round 4 (113rd overall) - Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

Round 6 (211th overall) - Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State

Round 7 (228th overall) - Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M

Round 7 (246th overall) - Jeremy Cutrer, CB, Middle Tennessee State

I don't know about you, but I would absolutely ecstatic if this is how the Dallas Cowboys draft actually turned out.

Tyus Bowser is a little bit under the radar as a defensive end prospect, but could be exactly what the Cowboys are looking for to improve their pass rush. He is one of the more athletically gifted DEs in the entire draft class and I think he can get anywhere from 6 to 8 quarterback sacks as a rookie.

With the exception of Byron Jones, I'm not a big fan of the safeties on the Cowboys roster. That is why I drafted Marcus Williams in the second round for the Cowboys. He is one of the better ball hawking safeties in the entire draft class and would allow the Cowboys secondary to get really creative with their coverages.

JuJu Smith-Schuster has #1 WR potential and would be really good insurance in case Dez Bryant continues to struggle with injuries. He could compete to play opposite Bryant as a rookie.

In the fourth round I think I got an absolute steal. Teez Tabor looks like a first-round CB on film, but his poor 40 yard dash time is going to drop him in the draft. He could end up being a Day 1 starter for the Cowboys.

The rest of the players I drafted will provide some solid depth and be key backup role players as rookies. Pumphrey would likely take over Lance Dunbar's role, Gennesy will compete to be the Cowboys right tackle, and Cutrer could challenge for playing time as a rookie at CB.

All in all, I personally think this would be an excellent draft for the Dallas Cowboys.

How did your Dallas Cowboys mock draft turn out?

Use the comment section below to share with all of us how you did in the place of GM Jerry Jones.

1. Terence Watson

April 24, 2017 at 7:35 am

1st Round Pick 28 EDGE CHARLES HARRIS MISSOURI (Finally get speed off the edge)
    2nd Round Pick 60: CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY CLEMSON (Great cover corner)
    3rd Round Pick 92 WR JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER USC (Large,Fast & Strong WR they love)
    4th Round Pick 133 S XAVIER WOODS LOUISIANA TECH (Center fielder who can hit)
    6th Round Pick 211 RB AARON JONES UTEP (Perfect 3rd Down back for the Cowboys)
    7th Round Pick 228 OT CONOR MCDERMOTT UCLA (Possible Chaz Green replacement)
    7th Round Pick 246 DL JEREMIAH LEDBETTER ARKANSAS (Rotational D-line depth)

2. Mike

April 24, 2017 at 9:41 am

Using your logic, Gennesy is not there at 228. Using Matt Miller’s board, if you like Bowser, I think you have to go 1 King-CB or Tre White-CB 2 Bowser-DE 3 John Johnson-S. No O-linemen worth late round flier. I personally prefer 1-King-CB (would consider Tre White as well), 2-Melifonwu-S, 3-D Walker-Edge, 4-Kittle-TE, 6- Boulware-LB, 7A-Pumphrey-RB, 7B-Westbrook-WR

3. nick

April 24, 2017 at 10:05 am

Rd1 s. obi melifonwu
    Rd2 cb. adoree Jackson
    Rd3 cb. Sidney Jones
    Rd4 de. damarcus walker
    Rd5 ot. storm Norton
    Rd7 wr. fred ross
    Rd7 DL. Jeremiah ledbetter

As you can see I overhauled the secondary. Melifonwu can easily replace church as the run stopper, but can also shut down the TE’s that killed us last year. Adoree Jackson can easily become 1 of the best slot corners in the league. And Sidney Jones when he gets healthy is going to be a baller, he’s still my favorite corner with the injury and id be ecstatic to get him in the 3rd. Damarcus walker could turn out to be a good player with some marrinelli magic. The other guys are just devepmental players that I hope could eventually turn into good players. God willing every one stays and/or gets all the healthy, how would this starting defense sound ?
    FS Byron jones
    SS Obi melifonwu
    LB Sean Lee
    LB Jaylon Smith
    CB Sidney Jones
    CB Anthony Brown
    CB Adoree Jackson, or Orlando scandrick

And of course a DL rotation of Lawrence, Irving, mayowa, tapper, walker, Collins, crawford, Thornton, paea. Unfortunately I’m just hoping for irving, tapper, and collins to really break out and improve this year to make a difference on the DL. But atleast our secondary would be rebuilt and looking like it could be 1 of the best in the league. We didn’t get our war daddy DE in this draft but maybe next year Gregory pulls his head out of his butt, and we land another good 1 in the 1st rd of next years draft.

April 24, 2017 at 10:09 am

I think they are going to go pass rusher much higher and I doubt Sidney Jones is even another draft board. But, this wouldn’t be a bad draft for the Cowboys.

• Randy Martin

April 24, 2017 at 11:26 am

There is a high likelihood Sidney Jones doesn’t play at all this season with the achilles injury and based on JJ’s comments about redshirt players I don’t see that happening. Especially as a 3rd pick.

4. Randy Martin

April 24, 2017 at 11:23 am

I like your draft for the most part. I was on Bowser months ago but never as a 1st round guy. When i started doing mocks in January he was usually a 4th to I think 6th round guy. He has flown up into the first round and i always get a little concerned about that. His tape is good and he does look like a Marinelli kind of guy. Love the Marcus Williams and Juju picks. I’m in the camp that believes we need a receiver sooner rather than later and I think Schuster is one of the guys we should be targeting. I’m not in love with Tabor though he has good tape but if he is there in the 4th round I would say it’s worth the risk. I’m not so concerned about his 40 time…just don’t like his attitude and off-field antics. Pumphrey is an easy guy to root for but I’m just not a fan of little backs. i know he has been durable in college but the NFL is a different game. I don’t know much about Gennesy but we need an OT so at that point your just looking for a guy that can hopefully make the team. I think Cutrer could be a steal at that pick. I think his upside is pretty high. If this was our draft I wouldn’t be mad. Let me take a fresh cut.

April 24, 2017 at 11:36 am

Bowser reminds me of Leonard Floyd, who the Cowboys were pretty high on last year. Ideally I would rather draft him in a trade back scenario, but I would be okay if they took him at 28. Marcus Williams would allow the secondary to do so many different things with their coverages. He would even allow Jones to play some CB if necessary. Smith-Schuster would be good insurance if Dez Bryant continues to struggle with injuries. I like Tabor the middle rounds. With a safety like Byron Jones or Williams playing over the top, his lack of deep speed is less of a concern. And I’m with you on smaller RBs. I would rather get those guys as undrafted free agents. Gennesy would provide competition at RT, but could play OG as well. And I really like Cutrer. He needs to get in the weight room and add some muscle, but he could compete for playing time as a rookie.

5. Randy Martin

April 24, 2017 at 11:25 pm

Ok so nobody wants to look at two mocks but I did two because I want to see what it looks like going DE first and what it looks like going CB first. Here is Mock #1:

28: R1P28
    VIRGINIA TECH
    228: R7P10
    RB AARON JONES
    UTEP
    246: R7P28
    WR KENNY GOLLADAY

I went with Watt in rd. 1 because 1) Did you see how good he was in his first year to start and 2) I believe his ceiling is tremendous. When JJ says he is better than he was at that point then just send the card in. With #60 I had to get Malik McDowell. Does he take a play off from time to time. Yeah maybe but with him and Watt and the pieces they have this will allow them to put the best line forward and anyone that doesn’t make the roster so long. Witherspoon has all the physical traits the Cowboys covet at 6-2 and 200 lbs, with long reach and good speed. He is a complete fit for what we are looking for. Also happens to be a pre-med student so he is super smart. Delano Hill is not a name we have heard a lot but at 6-1, 225 he is physical, can wrap up tackles, true in the box safety with cover skills with great upside. Dane Brugler has him as his #11 safety with a rd. 3-4 grade. True SS with 3 INT’s this past season. We need to draft a backup QB and Jerod Evans is a name that has been linked to Dallas. Aaron Jones has been on my radar for awhile. Yeah he’s only 5-9 but just under 210 lbs. Adequate speed with good vision, with both excellent pass catching and blocking skills. This is really all we need from a relief RB and he would be a welcome addition. Last guy is Kenny Golladay. He is another guy that is not getting a lot of love but he could be a real sleeper at WR. Has a 4th round grade from Brugler and at 6-4, 220 offers that big imposing target you look for. He is from Tony Roma’s Alumni Northern Illinois and had 2300 yards and 18 TD’s the last two seasons. Great football character and a RKG Garrett guy.

April 25, 2017 at 9:40 am

I think this would be an excellent draft of the Cowboys. I am concerned about Watt’s college injuries, but he has really good upside. I would be surprised if McDowell makes it out of the first round. I actually think Marinelli is really high on him and would be a consideration at 28. I also like Witherspoon. I think he could be a day 1 starter. All in all, I would be happy with this draft.

6. John Williams

April 25, 2017 at 1:16 am

Using the Big Board from Jonah Tuls from Draft Breakdown (most recent), here’s what I netted…

1-28 – TJ Watt, EDGE, Wisconsin. Jonah’s 13th ranked player. Quincy Wilson, Takk McKinley, Charles Harris and Gareon Conley were taken just after. I don’t think corner is as dire as others make it.

2-60 – Rasul Douglass, CB, West Virginia. Jonah’s 43rd ranked player. Would have preferred Cordrea Tankersley, but he was ranked 63rd and per the rules, couldn’t select someone ranked lower than the draft slot. Other option would have been Jabril Peppers. Just not so sure.

3-92 – Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma .There were three Wide Receivers and two CBs on the board. Chris Godwin, Cooper Kupp, and Dede Westbrook. I chose Westbrook. His downfield speed provides something that this offense doesn’t have. Sidney Jones was one of the Cornerbacks, but as has been mentioned, it’s not likely the front office takes ‘redshirt’ players this year.

4-133 – Joe Mathis, EDGE, Washington. They like to throw numbers at the defensive line and I’m giving them what they like. I’m a bit concerned about Demarcus Lawrence at this point. His back isn’t staying healthy and it’s important to have flexibility there. Between Tapper, Watt, and Mathis, the defensive end group is going to get an injection of talent in 2017. Also considered D’Onta Foreman.

6-211 – Jordan Evans, LB, Oklahoma – If you watched as much OU football as I have, then you know that Evans is a straight up playmakers. Interceptions and pass breakups for days. Evans is the definition of a ball hawk. Would allow you to mix and match your personnel in nickel using him and Lee to drop in coverage while sending Scandrick on a blitz or lining up Jaylon Smith to rush off the EDGE. Evans could also play strong side linebacker in base formations. Ranked number 202 on Jonah’s board, he’ is the BPA at this point. Other options were WR and interior DL. I want the playmaker.

And then my internet quit and lost the rest of the draft.

April 25, 2017 at 1:37 am

Attempt number two…

1-28. TJ Watt, EDGE, Wisconsin
      2-60. Akhello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado. Could have also gone Schuster, Rivers, Basham, or Awuzie.
      3-92. Josh Jones, S, NC State. Would have liked Xavier Woods, but he was ranked lower than pick 92. Desmond King was the other option at Safety. Dede Westbrook was available at WR. Jordan Willis the top rated EDGE player. Highly considered it, but think I can still add at the positions a bit later.
      4-133. Taywan Taylor WR, Western Kentucky. He was the 92nd rated player on the board. Also could have gone a different direction in the third because Tedric Thompson was available to me here. Oh well. Taylor was a highly productive receiver with a lot of skills that can be used in a lot of areas on the field.
      6-211. Charles Walker, DL, Oklahoma. Didn’t want to go that direction, but everything available were WR and my man Jordan Evans was already gone.
      7-228. Aaron Jones, RB, UTEP. Need a young back to develop.
      7-246. Keionta Davis, EDGE, Chattanooga. Best player available.

April 25, 2017 at 9:44 am

This would be a good draft for the Cowboys.

April 25, 2017 at 9:42 am

This is a pretty good draft. Taking Douglas in the second round is a little high for me though. I think he’s going to have to be a zone CB in the NFL.

April 26, 2017 at 2:02 am

I have mixed opinions on him mostly because draftniks seem to be mixed on him as well. I like his size and I don’t mind if he’s a zone corner. I think zone allows more opportunities to create turnovers.

7. Mike Capesius

April 26, 2017 at 8:44 am

If you like Bowser, you can get him in the 2nd round based on Matt Millers rankings.

1-Tre White-CB-LSU
    2-Marcus Williams-S-Utah
    3-Demarcus Walker-DE-Florida State
    4-Dede Westbrook-WR-Oaklahoma
    6-Ben Boulware-LB-Clemson
    7A-Jeremy Clark-CB-Michigan
    7B-Hunter Dimmick-Edge-Utah

No great passrushers at 28 or 60 so take the best CB and S. Walker is very underrated. Boulware is a tackling machine and will stick just for special teams if nothing else. Clark is a project that could be a safety or CB.

Cowboys Receive 4th-Round Compensatory Pick in 2019 NFL Draft

Why Finishing 8-8 Improves Cowboys' 2018 NFL Draft Position

The Dallas Cowboys will receive an extra fourth-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft after the league awarded compensatory picks today.

The pick will be 136th overall, which is one spot below were Dallas drafted Dak Prescott in 2016.

Adam Schefter on Twitter

And in other news... NFL awarded compensatory draft picks today - Patriots and Rams each received two third-round picks. The full list, per sources:

We have Anthony Hitchens to thank for this extra pick. The former Cowboys linebacker signed a five-year, $45 million deal with the Chiefs last offseason which far surpassed any of the deal that Dallas made with their own free agent acquisitions.

Only free agents whose contracts expired, not those released in the offseason by their previous team, count towards the compensatory pick formula.  Therefore, Allen Hurns' deal was not a mitigating factor.

As mentioned already, the fourth round of the NFL Draft recently gave Dallas its starting quarterback. Other notable fourth-round picks in the modern era have been Hitchens, Doug Free, Marion Barber, and Chris Canty.

Last year, Dallas drafted DE Dorance Armstrong and TE Dalton Schultz with fourth-round picks.

Already short their first and sixth-round picks this year from previous trades, the Cowboys are certainly happy to have this extra selection for April's draft.

7-Round Dallas Cowboys Mock Draft: Pre-Combine Edition

3 Potential Day 2 Tight End Prospects for the Dallas Cowboys 2

I thought it would be a good idea to get out another 7-round Dallas Cowboys mock draft before the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine kicks off next week. Not only will the Combine shakeup a lot of people's big boards and draft rankings, but it will also be the first opportunity a lot of us will get to see some of these players firsthand.

For this Cowboys mock draft I used Matt Miller's big board on Fanspeak.com. I don't necessarily agree with where he has some of these players ranked right now, but that's part of the fun of doing these kind of exercises. With that said, he is still one of my favorite draft analysts.

Without further ado, here is my Pre-Combine 7-round Dallas Cowboys mock draft.

TE, Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M (2nd-round)

*189th on Matt Miller's Big Board

Jace Sternberger

Texas A&M TE Jace Sternberger (John Glaser-USA TODAY Sports)

First off, I think Matt Miller has Jace Sternberger ranked way too low on his Big Board. I don't think he will make it out of the second round and may not even be available for the Dallas Cowboys when they are on the clock with the 58th overall pick. But if he is, I'm writing his name down on the draft card and not looking back.

The Cowboys have made it pretty clear they want to upgrade their TE position, but in order to do that they're going to have to draft one pretty early in my opinion. Sternberger may be a one-year wonder at Texas A&M, but he is exactly what Quarterback Dak Prescott needs in the passing game. He would change the dynamic of this whole offense.

At 6'4", 250 pounds, Sternberger has the size the Cowboys look for in their starting tight ends. His biggest asset right now is his natural receiving ability and how dangerous he is after the catch. He runs and moves like a big receiver. He's decent as an in-line blocker as well, but it's an area of his game that is still improving.

OT, Bobby Evans, Oklahoma (3rd-round)

*89th on Matt Miller's Big Board

Bobby Evans

Oklahoma OT Bobby Evans

It's a little surprising it hasn't been brought up more this offseason, but with Tyron Smith's continued back problems and La'el Collins entering a contract year, the Dallas Cowboys could be looking into drafting another offensive tackle. I know it may be an unpopular pick in the third-round, but I couldn't pass up on Bobby Evans.

At 6'5", 300 pounds, Bobby Evans has the prototypical size teams look for in their starting offensive tackles. He is a smooth athletically gifted lineman who does his best work in the running game. He projects best in a zone blocking scheme where he can use his athleticism to his advantage. He will struggle a little bit in pass protection until he cleans up his hand technique.

With the Cowboys he could compete with La'el Collins for the starting RT position as a rookie, but at the worst be the teams swing tackle in 2019. Since he has the ability to play either tackle position, he would make a good insurance policy if Tyron Smith has to miss time again because of his back issues. Again it may be an unpopular pick, but a necessary one.

OLB, Christian Miller, Alabama (4th-round)

*161st on Matt Miller's Big Board

Christian Miller

Alabama OLB Christian Miller

With the Dallas Cowboys needing more depth at linebacker and defensive end, I decided to select Christian Miller with their first fourth-round draft pick. He unfortunately hasn't been able to showcase his skill set on a regular basis due to being buried on the depth chart at Alabama and some unfortunate injuries, but he has immense potential.

I think a lot of teams will look to draft him as a outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense, but I really like the variety of roles he could play in the Cowboys 4-3 defensive scheme. I think he could replace Demian Wilson as their strong side linebacker, provide depth at defensive end, and be a special-teams demon as a rookie.

The Cowboys of course will have to be comfortable with his injury history, but in the fourth-round I don't think that would be a problem. If he can stay healthy he has Pro Bowl potential as a pass rusher because of his size (6'4", 247), athleticism and fluidity to bend and torque his body. This might be my favorite pick in this Cowboys mock draft.

DT, Daylon Mack, Texas A&M (4th-round comp pick)

*178th on Matt Miller's Big Board

Daylon Mack

Texas A&M DT Daylon Mack

The Dallas Cowboys could definitely use some more defensive tackle help, especially after all but washing their hands of David Irving. They currently just have Antwaun Woods and Maliek Collins on the DT depth chart, unless you want to count Tyrone Crawford. That's why I returned to Texas A&M for the second time in this Cowboys mock draft and selected Daylon Mack.

Daylon Mack is a former five-star recruit who never really lived up to his billing at Texas A&M. Don't let that fool you though, he has the talent to earn a starting job with the Cowboys as a rookie at either the one or three-technique. He is the kind of prospect Rod Marinelli would love to work with.

At 6'1", 327 pounds, Mack would provide some much-needed beef to the Cowboys defensive front. He has surprising athletic ability for his size and has a devastating first step to be the kind of disruptive DT Marinelli prefers along his DL. I really love his violent hands and raw athletic ability, and I believe he could be an absolute steal in the fourth-round even though Matt Miller has him ranked much lower.

WR, Jalen Hurd, Baylor (5th-round)

*159th on Matt Miller's Big Board

Jalen Hurd

Baylor WR Jalen Hurd

Outside of Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup, the wide receiver position in Dallas is pretty dreadful. There are some young WRs who show some promise, but they still need more depth regardless. That's why I decided to take Jalen Hurd in the fifth-round in this Cowboys mock draft. He is one of the more intriguing prospects in the entire 2019 draft class.

The most intriguing aspect of Hurd's game is his background as a running back. He was a five-star recruit coming out of high school and was once considered a top RB prospect during his time in Tennessee before deciding to transfer to Baylor in order to switch to wide receiver.

At 6'4", 227 pounds, he has the prototypical size teams look for in a WR prospect. He reminds me a little bit of Cordarrelle Patterson, but is much more natural catching the ball. His route running is a little raw, but he has the ability to play in the slot or on the outside, something he did at Baylor. I think he could help replace some of Cole Beasley's lost production.

RB, Bruce Anderson, North Dakota State (7th-round)

* 206th on Matt Miller's Big Board

Bruce Anderson

North Dakota State RB Bruce Anderson

I reached a little bit with this pick, but if Bruce Anderson is available this late in the draft I would do everything within my power to bring him aboard if I was the Dallas Cowboys. I really think he could be the lightning to Ezekiel Elliott's thunder in the Cowboys backfield. I personally have him in the 3rd-5th round range, but can understand why he's ranked so low on Miller's Big Board right now.

Unfortunately, the draft process hasn't been very kind to Bruce Anderson so far. He was originally expected to open a lot of eyes in Mobile at this year's Senior Bowl, but unfortunately sustained an injury that kept him from competing. To make matters worse, he was a surprise snub at the Scouting Combine, meaning he only has private workouts and his Pro Day to impress scouts.

I for one am a big fan of Anderson's though. I believe he is exactly the kind of RB the Cowboys need behind Zeke. I personally see a poor man's Alvin Kamara when I watched his game film because of the different ways he can be utilized as both a runner and receiver. But, he can also contribute on special teams as a return specialist.

How do you feel about this 7-round Dallas Cowboys mock draft?

Cowboys Draft Target: Washington Safety Taylor Rapp

Cowboys Draft Target: Washington Safety Taylor Rapp
AP Photo/David Zalubowski

While most fans are hoping the Cowboys snag a different safety who played his football in the state of Washington, Huskies safety Taylor Rapp should be towards the top of their draft targets on day two.

The Cowboys have some decisions to make when it comes to their back-end, particularly at safety. Do they want to pursue a full time strong safety type who can play in the box, allowing Xavier Woods to play solely as the centerfield free safety? Or would they rather add a hybrid safety who can play in that deep third role, giving their defense more flexibility in how they utilize Woods moving forward?

If their answer to this question is to go with a more traditional strong safety, and slot Woods into one permanent role, then Washington's Taylor Rapp could be the right man in this draft class.

The Player

Taylor Rapp is not the single-high safety that I would typically value high in an NFL draft. He lacks the range to really play that centerfield role, and doesn't have the speed or agility to project to this role in the NFL. No one ever gets behind him, but that's more due to ridiculously deep alignment than excellent coverage skills.

Where Rapp does excel, though, is playing forward and downhill. Rapp is aggressive both in his pursuit of plays and in his tackling. He tackles with good technique as well, and can absolutely lay the wood when coming up to hit receivers over the middle. Rapp plays how you'd expect your old-school strong safety to play, and projects as a split-zone and box safety at the next level.

Rapp isn't anything special in man coverage, but he executes well at times. He's at his best when asked to cover tight ends in man coverage, something which would certainly be valued both in today's NFL and on this version of the Cowboys' defense. I wouldn't be as comfortable lining him up against shifty slot receivers over the middle, but he can match up well physically with tight ends in man.

Overall, Rapp is one of the best tacklers I've seen in this draft class so far, and with his instincts, size and physicality he will serve as a solid strong safety at the next level.

The Fit

I don't see Taylor Rapp as the typical versatile chess-piece the Cowboys have valued when drafting defensive backs in recent years. He does what he does well, but they would be ill-advised to mess with his alignment too often or try to make him fit into a different role. He's not going to move all over the field like Xavier Woods can, but he can certainly fit the Cowboys' current need for a strong safety.

Many fans want the Cowboys to pursue Landon Collins in free agency, but if they strike out there, Rapp could be their consolation prize in the NFL draft.

No, he's not as good as Landon Collins. Let me make that perfectly clear. But for a day two pick Rapp could fit a similar role to what Collins would here in Dallas: a strong safety who will play primarily in the box and cover tight ends in man.