As we all know, Tampa Bay offers the Cowboys a solid test for their new offensive and defensive schemes. With a commonly stout defense, our offense should be able to prove whether or not it’s as proficient as it claims it can be.
Here are a few reasons why our Offense can succeed:
1) Jason Garrett is a offensive mastermind, with Felix Jones and Marion Barber coming out in a possibly sloppy day, the formations and versatility that can be created with just those two names alone are limitless. We know what to expect with this tandem, but really who can stop them?
2) Tampa has to gameplan for more receiver threats then they’re actually expecting. With the emergence of Hurd and Ogletree, the speed of Austin, and the combinational attacks of Crayton and Williams, the utilization of talented wide receivers will be evident throughout differen’t packages. They should all receive ample reps to produce. However, with the impressive and underrated talent in the receiver position, 2 other receivers produce a bigger threat. Marty-B and J Witt are great all around tight ends, who will either produce big or create a distraction and draw double teams and schemes that will allow our Wide outs to produce significantly enough to score over 14 points.
3) Lastly, Tony Romo. Earlier this week Emmitt Smith called out Romo’s leadership. I truly believe that Romo has evolved into the leader that he wants to be. That’s all we can ask. Tony Romo is a capable top 10 Quarterback who can deliver. Don’t believe me? We’ll in his 2 Season Openers he’s started in he’s undefeated. Not just undefeated but he’s been dominant. In 2007 he opened against the Giants, producing 15/24 345 yards, and 4 TD’s. In 2008 we opened against Cleveland with 24/32 320 yards, and 1 TD. In total that’s 39/56 665 yards and 5 TD’s. That’s a total passer rating of 136.97.
Oh and last time Romo played the Bucs? 22/29 305 yards 5 TD.
As for the other side of the Ball. Byron Leftwich will lead an inconsistent offensive unit. Antonio Bryant will likely produce, but Cadillac Williams is a great unknown.
Here are a few Reasons why our Defense will succeed:
1) Byron Leftwich has an unusually slow release. With an offensive line that is barely mediocre, the likelihood that the Cowboys star studded linebackers will be knocking on the door all day, is highly likely.
2) Byron Leftwich has an unusually slow release. With all that time to read the Quarterback, Our coverage units could have a field day. Not saying it’s going to be pick central, but I expect some good defended passes and a pick or two.
3) Our Defensive lineman, are run stopping, QB droppers. They will dominate TB’s O-Line and create nightmares for Cadillac and Ward.
Listen I’ve been doing some looking around lately. All I see is pessimism, from fans, Dallas/sports reporters, and even people close to the organization. This is what I say, we are Cowboys Fans, we are supposed to be loyal and supportive of a team that brings us so much. If you are just rooting for the cowboys when they win, or disowning them when the screw up, then the bus stops here. I don’t want to hear your stupid pessimism and your ridiculous claims. You aren’t playing football, you’re sitting on your couch with a beer, a brat, and maybe a PS3 controller contolling your Madden Superstar. The point is, if you’re a fan, love and support your team. If it’s hard to do that and you can’t be a tad optimistic, shut up and color.