As a wise man from the woods once said, “The Philadelphia Eagles should change their name name to the Philly Tampons as they are only good for one period and they have no second string.”
So here we are at week nine, and our very fine friends from the north are coming to pay a visit. Just kidding, I despise the Philadelphia Eagles. As the Cowboys prepare to take on the Eagles and try put an end to their current five-game losing streak, things appear pretty good for both teams as far as injuries go.
Here’s the injury report for this week’s game.
- Dez Bryant (foot) was listed as a limited participant all week. No cause for alarm, he could very well be listed as limited for the rest of the year and is in no danger of missing game time barring future injuries.
- James Hanna (ankle) and DeMarcus Lawrence (back) were both limited on Wednesday and Thursday, but returned to full participation on Friday; they’re listed as probable.
- Barry Church (ankle) is questionable. He did not participate Wednesday or Thursday. He returned on Friday but only on a limited basis and will be a game-time decision.
- Brice Butler (hamstring) is the only other real concern for the Cowboys. Although he practiced in full on Wednesday and Thursday he did not participate on Friday. He is listed as questionable and as of now no updates have been available.
As for the Eagles, Kiko Alonso, Brandon Bair, and Bryan Braman have practiced in some manner throughout the week and are listed as probable.
DeMeco Ryans did not practice on Wednesday or Thursday; he returned to a limited role on Friday and is listed as questionable.
The real concern for Philly is starting Left Tackle, Jason Peters. It has been reported that he’s suffering from back spasms and did not practice all week. He is listed as questionable and will likely be a game-time decision.
- Jason Peters has now been ruled out.
Here’s to good health and a Cowboys victory.