Week three has arrived. The walking wounded – also known as the Dallas Cowboys – will take the field against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.
To say that the Cowboys will be tested is an understatement with the injuries they have suffered lately. We all know by now the injuries to Dez Bryant and Tony Romo, but it doesn’t end there unfortunately.
Here’s the injury report for this week’s matchup:
- Randy Gregory has shown some progress, but he did not practice all week and has been listed as out.
- In what comes as a surprise, Jeremy Mincey was limited in practice on Thursday and then was ruled out on Friday due to a concussion.
- James Hanna, Ryan Russell and Kyle Wilber were all limited earlier in the week, but practiced fully on Friday and are probable for Sunday.
- Ron Leary didn’t practice Wednesday, was limited on Thursday and Friday, and is listed as questionable.
- The much talked about Jason Witten – thanks to some that needed to fulfill their click quota – was full go on Friday. Although listed as probable, no need to worry… he’ll play.
As for the Falcons, running back Tevin Coleman, wide receiver Devin Hester, and linebacker Brooks Reed have been ruled out.
In what was a scare to some Falcons fans at the beginning of the week, when Julio Jones’ name appeared on the injury report, he practiced fully on Friday and is expected to play. Paul Soliai, Paul Worrilow, and Justin Durant also returned to full participation on Friday and are listed as probable.
As always, here’s to good health (god knows we need it) and a Cowboys victory.