It wasn’t pretty. It wasn’t flashy. It surely wasn’t what we expected, but the Cowboys pulled off the win against the winless Kansas City Chiefs. The game looked like it was getting out of hand as the Cowboys fell early 10-0 to the Chiefs, who only had 8 yards of offense at that time. It would take a Second half for the Cowboys to take off.
As the kickoff boomed, the Cowboys seemed to be a different team. The defense was stout, and the offense finally got something rolling. The Chiefs were able to keep up though, tying it up with 20 seconds left on the clock. In overtime, it was the impressive Miles Austin that took the ball 60 yards for the game winning TD.
1) Jay Ratliff’s Blocks field goal to keep the game tied up.
2) Tashard Choice runs 36 yards for a TD, sparks the running game.
3) Miles Austin’s 2 TD grabs for distances of 59 and 60 yards insures Dallas win.
4) DeMarcus Ware registers 2 sacks.
5) Tony Romo, silences critics with a QB passer rating of 113 throwing for 351 yards and 2 td’s.
6) Defense continues to get better, a sign of good things to come.
Needs some work:
1) Penalties- The Cowboys had 13 penalties for 90 yards.
2) Fourth Quarter Defense- This is the second time that the Cowboys let a team drive at the end of the game to take control
3) Getting the passing game more then 1 dimensional- We need to work on getting everyone involved and not being predictable.
1) Miles Austin- Miles set a franchise record with 10 receptions for 250 yards and 2 TD’s
2) Tony Romo- A great performance after a week of scrutinty.
3) Demarcus Ware- 2 sacks… Finally
These players are beginning to heat up on the field
1) Anthony Spencer- Spencer looked great today, pressuring the quarterback and being involved on plays.
2) Keith Brooking- The mans been a monster since coming over via Free Agency.
3) Tashard Choice- He’s becoming a home run threat.
4) Jay Ratliff- He’s having another Pro Bowl Caliber season
5) DeMarcus Ware- His 2 sacks today, quite possibly mean he’s figured it out again.
I guess I expected this game to be a bit of a blow out. However, I wont complain with the result, a win is a win. The Cowboys made more mistakes then a team who expects to win, should. The Bye week is here and there is much to be worked on, but a win gives confidence to a team that needs it with Atlanta coming to town.