If your day started off with a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch then we parked our cars in the same garage this morning. I can see the taste, and it is beautiful.
The Cowboys will be skipping breakfast tomorrow and will instead be having a lunch serving of some nice fried Falcon. I know that sounds gross, but if you throw ranch dressing on it I’m sure that it’ll taste just like chicken tenders.
The Cowboys and Falcons have a nice little history. Here are some interesting tidbits from it entering Sunday’s contest:
- The Dallas Cowboys have played 25 games against the Atlanta Falcons. That’s insane. A season and a half’s worth of games against just ATL! Dallas is 16-9 in those games.
- Last time that these two teams squared off was November 4th, 2012 at the Georgiadome. I’ve been there with my best friends for the Chick-Fil-A Bowl and I can tell you that AT&T Stadium could eat it. The Falcons picked up the win that day on Sunday Night Football by a score of 19-13.
- Atlanta has visited AT&T Stadium just once before. October 25th, 2009 was their first (and most recent) trip to Jerry World… a game that they lost 27-21.
- Tomorrow is September 27th. Dallas has played 5 times on that day going 3-2 (victories against the Giants twice and Redskins).
- Jason Witten has played four career games against the Atlanta Falcons. In those 16 quarters he has caught 18 passes for 173 yards and moved the chains for a first down 10 times.
- This current Cowboy defense has impressed a lot of people early on in the season. If they managed to shut out Atlanta it would be the third time that the Cowboys have done that to the Falcons.
- The first time that the Dallas Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons met was on October 2nd, 1966. The Cowboys won that game 47-14. 47 is the most points ever scored by either team in a matchup of the two, and a 33-point win is the largest margin of victory in the history of this series.
- These two teams have met in the playoffs twice, both divisional playoff games, and the Cowboys won both contests.
- These two teams have met on Monday Night Football twice… both of which were also won by Dallas.
- On December 16th, 2006 these two tangoed during a Saturday Night Game on NFL Network (where T.O. infamously spit in DeAngelo Hall’s face) in the middle of Tony Romo‘s first season, and he led the Cowboys to victory 38-28.
- The all-time score from all 25 games between Dallas and Atlanta is 619-477 in favor of the Cowboys.
- Dallas is 9-3 against Atlanta at home.
Here’s hoping that the Cowboys can add some more great history to their series with the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday for Week 3!