Cowboys Fans, let me explain to you about my week. On Friday last week I headed to Philly to enjoy the atmosphere that surrounded the Cowboys/Eagles game. Today, I was poised to be driving back to Georgia forced to listen to the ‘Boys game on Sirius Radio. Until I woke up this morning to hit the road and saw that my wife’s car had been broken into. Turns out we have to stay here in Baltimore until tomorrow morning, thus allowing me to watch the game at the local restaurant. It’s a terrible chain of events but I’m excited to watch the game at least.
Now to the Game… Green bay poses a significant threat to us. It isn’t an easy game, it’s a battle between a talented team deceiving opponents with a 4-4 mask. This offense has the potential to be explosive, the defense has potential to be game changing, and special teams for this team can be well just special. Fortunately for us, we still have a chance. You see for the all the potential the Packers have, there is also reality. The reality is simply that Green Bay hasn’t performed up to expectations. Aaron Rodgers can’t stay on his feet and the defense seems to get beat at the most inopportune times.
So without further introduction we’ll evaluate this weeks Keys to the Game:
1) Control the Line: This means stopping the run. There shouldn’t be any big gains from the running backs. The linebackers need to play with intensity and pride, this is a statement game!
2) Get to Rodgers- This is a weekly “Key” but it is still important. Rodgers can make plays, but not if he’s on the ground. Our defense has to have it’s best rush on this week.
3) Make Plays in the Secondary- We’ll need an early pick to make Rodgers cautious. If we can get this, this game could be over early.
4) Establish a Run- Don’t make Tony Romo beat these Packers. Allow Marion, Felix, and Tashard to establish the run and open up play action and the pass. If this happens it could be a good day for this offense.
5) Double Move- Send Austin on routes that he can utilize his speed, acceleration, and elusiveness. If he can create distance like he did on the double move last week against the Eagles, big gains can follow.
Predicted Gameballs and Notables:
Demarcus Ware- I think DeMarcus gets 2 sacks on Rodgers today.
Marion Barber- Barber rushes for 80 yards and 1 touchdown, but it’s his ability to control the clock that gets him this weeks Gameball
Notable: I expect Roy Williams and Miles Austin to combine for 150 yards and 2 touchdowns this week
Dal- 28 GB- 13