It’s been an active week around the NFL. We covered the highlights in the NFC East this morning, so here’s a look at the rest of the league.
- The Panthers decided to put the franchise tag on Pro Bowl DE Greg Hardy, which means Hardy will be making a little over $13 million this season
- Starting left tackle Jordan Gross is calling it quits after an 11 year career
- The Panthers are considering bringing back veteran WR Steve Smith
New Orleans Saints:
- New Orleans put the Franchise tag on their all-everything TE Jimmy Graham. Both sides are hoping to get a long term deal worked out before training camp
- Drew Brees offered to clean his hot yoga pants if he can get a deal done
- Seattle let go of defensive lineman Red Bryant (known for his infamous belly-roll celebration)
- The team also released WR Sidney Rice, who just came over from the Vike’s in 2011
Let’s see how fast the 49’ers jump on those two.
New York Jets:
- The Jets Franchised former Dallas Cowboys K Nick Folk. Say what you want, but the Cowboys have had some good kickers for the last 7 years
San Diego Chargers:
Chargers gave LB Donald Butler a new deal and Butler let everyone know about it on Twitter:
Feeling blessed! Y’all heard it here first! Deal is done!! SD I aint going no where!! Too excited!!
— Donald Butler (@DAButler56) February 28, 2014
And how could we wrap up a week this offseason without talking about the Miami Dolphins? Yeah, they’re talking about trading last year’s first round pick Dion Jordan, but who wants to hear about that?
Let’s hear about Richard Incognito deciding to make art out of his Ferrari by taking batting practice on his $295,000.00 car!
According to reports, he was later treated at a mental health facility in Arizona. In all seriousness, mental illness is nothing to joke around about. Personally, I hope the guy gets better and is able to continue his career.
So there’s your buzz worthy news of the week. Check back with us daily to catch up on all the latest around the league. Remember…