We all would have liked a nice clean victory in San Diego on Thursday night, but nothing goes that way with the preseason. One thing to know, while the Cowboys played very few starters, the Chargers played almost all of their starters. This caused Dallas’ 2nd stringers to play against San Diego’s 1st stringers, then Dallas’ 3rd string played against San Diego’s 2nd string, and so on. Don’t feel like the season is doomed yet.
Some bright spots from Thursday night:
- QB Brandon Weeden showed us why he deserved a chance
- QB Dustin Vaughan seems to be light-years ahead of Caleb Hanie
- RB Joseph Randle looks much quicker and more confident than last season
- S Ahmad Dixon showed up all night long and tallied 12 tackles before a helmet-to-helmet tackle took him out in the 4th quarter
- LB Anthony Hitchens had some very good plays, although he had some bad as well but he is learning
I will release a 53 man roster prediction after each preseason game but for now, I feel like this is the most likely 53 man roster:
|Offensive line||Tyron Smith
|Defensive line||DeMarcus Lawrence
For now, I see Dustin Vaughan as a practice squad candidate.
There is word that Josh Brent’s meeting with Roger Goodell went very well on Thursday afternoon, so expect to see him enter into the fold very soon.
Thanks for reading. What would you change about my 53 man prediction?
Let me know in the comments.