The Dallas Cowboys have nine new drafted players to celebrate, but they’re also – as per usual – bringing in a ton of undrafted talent. This is an area of roster building that the Cowboys typically excel in. Players like Tony Romo, Miles Austin, Dan Bailey, and Cole Beasley have all been courted by the Cowboys in “Rookie Free Agency”, who could join those ranks this year?
The list of Undrafted Free Agents is one that moves in fluidity. We’ll keep this list updated as it changes. Here are the 2017 Dallas Cowboys Undrafted Free Agents:
- Austin Appleby, Quarterback, Florida
- Brian Brown, Wide Receiver, Richmond
- Kennan Gilchrist, Outside Linebacker, Appalachian State
- Blake Jarwin, Tight End, Oklahoma State
- Joseph Jones, Outside Linebacker, Northwestern
- Levon Myers, Offensive Tackle, Northern Illinois
- Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan
- Dan Skipper, Offensive Tackle, Arkansas
- Nate Theaker, Offensive Guard, Wayne State (MI)
- Jahad Thomas, Running Back, Temple
- Lucas Wacha, Inside Linebacker, Wyoming
Since the undrafted players can choose which team they want to play for, the Dallas Cowboys carry an insanely large advantage over all other NFL teams. Everybody wants to play for the Dallas Cowboys. This isn’t negotiable, debatable, or able to be disputed in any fashion.
Typically the cream of the crop flocks to The Star when it comes to undrafted rookies, and by looking at this list things would appear to be happening per the norm. Will McClay, Jason Garrett, Jerry Jones, and Stephen Jones have dominated talent acquisition over the last few seasons, and there’s no reason to expect that this year won’t add to that level of success.
Take a look at this list and pick yourself a pet cat, because at Training Camp they’ll all be looking to prove themselves and justify a spot on this team’s 53-man roster. It’s going to be a whole lot of fun.