When I first accepted this gig at Blue Star Times, my main job was to rant. Well I haven’t exactly held up my end of the bargain. It’s kind of hard to do in the off-season when all 32 teams in the NFL have at least a small amount of help. Well that all changed Sunday.
I’ve got so much stuff to bitch about that I’ll actually be shocked if our editor allows this article to be printed. As I type this out the only words that I can come up with are absolutely disgusted.
I wasn’t exactly optimistic about winning this game but I was very optimistic that our beloved quarterback, Tony Romo, would at minimum keep us in the game despite the horrific defense we expected to put on the field.
Whelp. That just doesn’t seem to be the case now does it?
I try really hard not to overreact to 1 game – especially the 1st game – but what I saw on Sunday was an absolute embarrassment. And it had zero to do with the defense. While the defense wasn’t exactly gang-busters, they did enough to keep the game close. The problem is that our QB didn’t. It was almost like he was doing everything possible to make sure the team would stand no chance.
When Tony missed Dwayne Harris WIDE-ASS-OPEN in the end zone, I knew we were in for a long day. That just doesn’t happen. Constantly forcing the ball deep into double coverage? What the hell is this?
I understand that you might think this defense sucks so bad that you have to carry things, but damn, son.
Not only were you off target but your decision-making was as bad as I’ve seen it since 2007 against Buffalo on a Monday night. But playing Buffalo and throwing 5 interceptions is a whole lot different from throwing picks early against the 49ers and expecting to come back.
But Mr. Romo wasn’t alone in sucking ass.
- Jason Witten? You sucked today. Chiming in with a couple of timely penalties.
- Tyron Smith? Mr. $100 million dollar man, you sucked. Giving up a couple of big sacks at the worst possible times.
- DeMarco Murray? Yeah you got your 100 yards rushing but you started this whole crapfest with a fumble that was returned for a touchdown, in the first 2 minutes of the game.
- Dez Bryant? My God where were you? Did you even have a chance in this game?
- Morris Claiborne? You proved that you are exactly what you have been, which is a bust. You gave up short first down pass after short first down pass to Anquan Boldin.
- J.J. Wilcox? You looked god awful in coverage, son.
- Brandon Carr looked every bit like a guy who hasn’t played all preseason.
Don’t even get me started on the coaching staff. I’m just so disgusted at this point I don’t even know where to go from this point.
Just damn. Damn Tony. You sucked. Right along with the rest of the team. You are the one player that we can’t afford to suck. And you sucked huge. I’ve defended you amongst the wolves that blame you for everything. Well not anymore. Not today. You, along with the rest of the team, were straight garbage.
So thanks a lot Cowboys. Thanks for all the crap that I’m going to catch due to your piss poor play.
But that’s okay. I’m a big boy and I can take it. But what I won’t do is defend you. You deserve every bit of trash talking you get thrown your way this week. All of it. And as a die-hard Cowboys fan that means I do too. But I can handle it. Can you? I don’t know if you can. Go ahead and prove me wrong please. Feel free. But as of this moment, I don’t think you can.