Welcome to another edition of the Weekly Roundup. This week I had the opportunity to speak with Jimmy from Music City Miracles the top rated Tennessee Titans blog, and discuss this week’s game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Tennessee Titans.
We exchanged five questions with each other, and below you will find what Music City Miracles had to say in response to our questions. Then switch over there to see what we had to say to their questions.
(1) In the Off Season the Titans were not able to retain the services of Albert (I like to stomp on peoples heads) Haynesworth. How will his departure change the dynamics of the team and more so the defense in particular?
It won’t change things as much as people think. The Titans were already heavily using a rotation at the defensive tackle spot and will continue to do so. They obviously do not have a guy as talented as Haynesworth in that rotation, and you could argue that no one else in the NFL does either, but they think they can replace the production with the guys they have.
(2) I have never really “gotten up” for a Pre Season game, but many Cowboy followers including myself believe that this game means a ton as far as the development of the team. What is the overall feel of the Titan fanbase towards this game?
It is a preseason game. The Vince Young people are hoping he gets some time with the first team, but other than that it will just be another preseason game.
(3) I keep hearing that the Titans want Vince Young to become a better passer and not rely on his legs so much, but then when he gets in to play the plays selected for him seem to be primarily boot legs, and option plays, do the Titans have a plan for him? Or are they simply going through the motions until they can release him?
The plays called for him are not primarily boot legs and option plays. Do they run more of that stuff with him than Collins? Sure, but there is an obvious reason for that.I can assure they are not just going through the motions until they release him. They honestly feel that they have a team capable of winning the Super Bowl, and they are one injury to a 36 year old quarterback away from counting on VY. It would be dumb to give up on him considering how small the window is for winning a championship in this league.
(4) Who are some of the Titans that Cowboy fans should keep an eye on in this game?
The Titans have a very talented rookie class that is headlined by first round wide receiver Kenny Britt, third round tight end Jared Cook, and fifth round running back Javon Ringer. All 3 of those guys have made big plays in camp and games so far.
(5) Last year the Cowboys were given a ticket to the Super Bowl before the season ever started and we all know how that worked out! The Titans however were somewhat of a surprise. Can the Titans pick up where they left off last year to make another push for the trophy? And if they can what aspect of their game is going to allow them to do so?
I honestly believe they can. Jeff Fisher knows what it takes to get these guys back to the level they played at last season.
I also believe the offense will be a lot more potent this season with the editions of Nate Washington, Britt, Cook and a drastically slimmed down LenDale White. This should be more than enough to compensate for the loss of Albert.
Bonus: All of us here at Dallas Cowboys Nation would like to send our thoughts and prayers to the McNair family and the Tennessee Titans and all of their fans for the loss of Steve McNair.
Once again a big thank you to Jimmy and the guys over at Music City Miracles, and be sure you all head over there to see our answers and leave them some good natured comments, and keep it clean folks!