The Dallas Cowboys (4-1) visit the Philadelphia Eagles (5-0) in a primetime Sunday Night Football matchup, which many expect to be one of the most exciting NFC East divisional matchups in a long time.
Entering this game, both teams have winning streaks of their own. During their first five weeks, each team has shown dominance on both sides of the ball, but the Eagles are arguably better offensively than the Boys because of their personnel.
Defensive-wise, it's a toss-up to determine who's the better unit. While people can point out that the Eagles' total defense is statistically better, the Cowboys beat them in sacks and total points allowed.
Despite the stats and ranks that can point out who could be victorious on Sunday night, expect a nail-biter till the end.
Here are some storylines to follow during the game:
- Rush versus Hurts: Many people expected Dak Prescott's return for this game, but it's going to be “Rush Hour, Part VI” when the Cowboys take the field. Hurts is undoubtedly the more-talented quarterback, and his mobility will be a big challenge for the “Doomsday Defense 4.0.” As long as Rush can limit his mistakes against a tenacious Eagles defense, there could be a possibility that he outplays Hurts statistically. Shoot, or even better, we get a shootout of the ages from both.
- Dallas D-Line versus Eagles O-Line: Everyone knows the explosiveness of the Cowboys' defensive line, as they have the stats to back it up. But, in this game, the defensive line will face one of the better offensive lines in the NFL. So, it should be interesting to see how they hold up, as people may see this as a test to see if they're “legit.”
- The Cowboys' run game: The Eagles' defense has one of the best secondaries in the league. There is no question about it. According to KD Drummond of the Cowboys Wire, the Eagles have three Top-15 CBs, based on his rankings. With that in mind, the running game will need to step up big-time if they want to put themselves in a chance to win. Sounds easy, right? Well, their defense also excels at stopping the run and only allow 105-yards per game. You can pencil this as one of the toughest games for the Cowboys this season.
Date: Sunday, October 16 | Time: 7:20 p.m. CT
Location: Lincoln Financial Field | Philadelphia, PA
TV: NBC, NBC Sports | Stream: NFL+, FuboTV, YouTube TV, and Peacock
Commentators: Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark
Radio: 105.3 The Fan (KRLD-FM), 107.5 La Grande in Spanish (KMVK-FM)
According to Statmuse, the Cowboys lead the Eagles 69-53 in their all-time series.
- ESPN Matchup Predictor: Eagles: 75.4%, Cowboys, 24.4%, Tie: 0.3%
- Caesars Sportsbook: Line: PHI -6.5, O/U: 42.0
- ESPN Pick Center: Cowboys Spread: +6.5 and ML: +215; Eagles Spread: -6.5 and ML: -267
Fantasy Football Players You Should Start
Eagles: QB Jalen Hurts, RB Miles Sanders, WR A.J. Brown, and TE Dallas Goedert