The Dallas Cowboys will soon be returning to their favorite summer spot in Oxnard, California for their 2022 training camp. Yesterday, reporting dates for rookies and veterans from all 32 NFL teams were released to the public.
While some teams have rookies reporting a few days earlier than veterans, Dallas will be bringing everyone in together in Oxnard beginning Tuesday, July 26th.
These will begin about a three-and-a-half week run on the west coast for the Cowboys. Their first two preseason games will be at the Broncos on August 13th and the Chargers on August 20th.
Oxnard has been the location of the Cowboys' training camps since 2001. They didn't go to California in 2020 due to issues related to COVID-19 but returned last year.
This year's camp should offer plenty for spectators to enjoy. Here's just a cursory look at pre-camp storylines and things to follow:
- How's the chemistry between QB Dak Prescott and WR CeeDee Lamb?
- Does RB Ezekiel Elliott look healthier and more explosive?
- How are the young offensive linemen looking?
- How's Tyron Smith holding up?
- Sean McKeon vs. Jake Ferguson for TE2?
- Is LB Micah Parsons even better than last year?
- Dorance Armstrong vs. Sam Williams for pass rushing duties
- Will LB Jabril Cox be ready? How's he looking?
- CBs Anthony Brown & Jourdan Lewis vs. Kelvin Joseph & Nahshon Wright
- Malik Hooker as a full-time starting safety
- UDFA Jonathan Garibay at kicker; is he ready for the big time?
Again, this is just a sampling of what we'll be tracking as the Cowboys get into the thick of summer football activities leading up to the 2022 regular season. It's hard to believe that it's all just a month away!