The Dallas Cowboys kick off their 2019 regular a little more than an hour from now and with that come the first group inactive players for their matchup with the New York Giants.
Inactive for the Dallas Cowboys in week 1 are:
- Darian Thompson, Safety
- Donovan Wilson, Safety
- Luke Gifford, Linebacker
- Adam Redmond, Guard
- Brandon Knight, Guard
- Trysten Hill, Defensive Tackle
- Taco Charlton, Defensive End
- It should come as no surprise that Darian Thompson, Donovan Wilson, Luke Gifford, and Taco Charlton are scratches as each has been dealing with injuries the last few weeks.
- It was unlikely that the Dallas Cowboys would carry three guards into the game with Joe Looney’s ability to play guard as well as center. With Adam Redmond and Brandon Knight inactive, Xavier Siam’s-Filo is your primary back up at guard.
- The Cowboys will be rolling with only three safeties this week with Thompson and Wilson inactive. I’d imagine that if he’s needed, Byron Jones would take snaps at safety in the event of a serious injury to starters Xavier Woods or Jeff Heath.
- Taco Charlton and Trysten Hill, Hugh draft picks from the 2017 and 2019 NFL Drafts, will be inactive. Hill is considered a developmental project. The Cowboys are going with Defensive End Joe Jackson who can flex inside to play 3-technique defensive tackle.